Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Story of the Pear

Once upon a time, there is a little ger name Shu Ci (me lo...)

In her primary school class, everyone was divided into 3 groups, The Apples... The Oranges.... and The Pear

The Apples are the brightest of the lot

followed by the Oranges.....

and the Pears... the dumbest and the smallest group of the 3


Yep... This little ger is in the pear group... she has no idea what is going on during the class most of the time.... this is because all the lessons except for the mother tongue class is in english.

Her family doesnt speak english and she doesnt read. Even when she watch english cartoons, she has no idea what they were talking abt. Ppl her age grew up watching smurfs, carebear and all she knows is that smurfs are the blue creatures and carebears are those coloured bears. Watching sitcoms, she pretend tat she understood wat was going on.... she laugh when there's laughter....



Not only she have difficult understanding english, she has difficulty writing it too...


her essay


This is how she will write her name


No, she doesnt suffer from dyslexia.... but she write like that.....

Her results was one of the last few in class...


so her mum got really worried...and thus started her tuition classes for english and maths.

Her science is quite bad too.... in her PSLE, she scored two Bs and two A* and aggreaget of 228.... one of the lowest in class also....and was posted to bukit batok secondary school

Her main problem was still the english language....

Her first mid year exam, she got 59 for english, then end of year she got 57 and then sec 2 her mid year was 54..... she's getting worried.... her teacher even wrote something on her report book


She managed to get into a JC later... even though half of her L1R5 came from her english language.... *phew*

her GP teacher in JC was really good and she actually got a B4 for her general paper and made it to NTU and doesnt have to do the english proficiency module...*so happy*

Being a pear last time, I always felt tat I'm stupid.... but I feel tat it's really because I have no idea wat my teacher is talking abt half the time... really struggle alot with my english...then never mind, I even went to the "ang mo" JC, ACJC, got labelled as being "chee na" by some insensitive ppl and felt like I'm 2nd class. (dun mistaken me, there's many nice ppl in ac, juz tat sometimes some ppl thought tat english come naturally for everyone...but tat's not true for me)

I'm usually very quiet around ppl who speaks mainly english cuz I scare to say something stupid.... then this guy actually came to me and told me "You look like those people who dun have a bright future" probably cuz I was very quiet when ppl are chit chatting away...

BUt seriously, I think I should be proud of myself tat I can speak my mother tongue well, nothing be be embarrass abt.

I sometimes feel tat it's so unfair that so much emphasis was placed on the english language.... not being good in english means stupid and 2nd class...sigh....but I'm glad tat I no longer feel so now... over the years my skin grew thicker and ppl can laugh all they want abt my english because...

I dun care!

I also think I dun have tat much prob with my english now though but I still think my english is terrible cuz of wat happened to me when I was younger....

Orh.... why I suddenly write abt this?

cuz I got a new belt and it has a pear logo on it...


My new pear Belt!!!

No comments: