Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Ubin Getaway!

School term is starting next week again *sigh*

Took two days off before holiday ends to re-charge myself!!
Initially I was contemplating a short trip to either Malacca or KL but thought maybe not cuz I scare I might get robbed (been reading quite some news of ppl getting into trouble in KL)

So I thought why not go Pulau Ubin instead. Wanted to get more people to go but I guess it was too last minute so in the end it was just me and my Ah Seng.

There's no shopping and no interesting food but I think it was still a GREAT trip (minus multiply by minus is positive!! the Wonders of Mathematics -_-")

Thursday Morning Ah Seng came to pick me up for our MacDonald Breakfast. I ordered Happy Meal cuz I'm collecting the Kung Fu Panda toys!! Argh, I missed out on the Tigress and I HAVE to find it... if anyone know where I can get it pleeasse pleeaasse let me know okie?

After breakfast we went to the MCC resort at Puggol to board our ferry. We were given a double storey room for some reason but I guess we can do with it? hehehe



Bedroom upstairs


Stairs...


Bedroom downstairs


The Living Room


Okie, so after inspecting the room (I thought there was some smell but Ah Seng insist there's no smelly smell... Maybe it's him...hmmmmm...) it's CYCLING time!! If you go Ubin, you MUST MUST MUST cycle... why? Because that's the ONLY fun thing you can do there =P (according to me of course)

So this is the Map of Ubin (which looks alot like a foot to me...)

Can you see that now?? Still cannot?? I'll use the 失传已久的Ubin无影脚 and kick you then you can feel it instead =P

Our first stop is, of course, to find food since the resort have hardly any food at all. Tsk tsk tsk....*shake head very disapprovingly*
We cycled to the Jetty there and it's a 15-min trip lor....


Ah Seng chose a Malay stall for Lunch and we ordered Mee Rebus and Mee Siam. Okie... I've never eaten either before and I dunno which one is which (Ah Seng suspect if I'm really a Singaporean...废话, of course LAH.... see the LAH???? That is SINGAPOREAN okie?!! Pfff....)

After lunch, it's time for a lazy afternoon nap...Zzzz
Hahaha.... no lah!!! (Lah again!! SIN-GA-PO Lang okie...) we went for some exploration of the Ubin island!!We found this secluded place near the jetty which is excellent to enjoy the afternoon seabreeze.


It's low tide and there's many small holes on the mud. Ah Seng tell me inside got crab and so we stood on a rock and waited. Sure enough, I saw small little crabs peeping out from time to time!! Wow!! I never seen that before le!!!

Typical Sua-Ku...

The crabs have one claw very much larger than the other one and they are actually fiddler crabs.
This is the type of fidder crab I saw.

Apparently they are very sensitive to movement. They will crawl out abit but once there's any movement nearby, they will retreat back into their mud holes. So it was really fun for me to sit there and wait for alot of them to come up and then start jump around and roaring at them... it's fun watching them scramble back to their holes...Eeehehehehe

So we cycled until around 2plus and went back to the resort for some light reading and a good LONG afternoon nap. Believe you me... Naps are the crux of a GOOD holiday!! Rushing everywhere and walk till your feet are dying, one toe at a time, is definitely not a Good Holiday to me.

After nap, it's time for Dinner!!Hohoho... We had our dinner at the jetty again but another stall that faces the sea. Well, I was reading this new book "The Tao of Pooh" and personally I think the author is a little too bias towards Taoism. Slamming others down to show another's superiority always turn me off. Heaps of past experiences and thoughts came while I was reading the book and it's like opening a can of worms and poor Ah Seng was the unfortunate victim. Btw, I think the Tao of Pooh is still a nice read.

Back to the resort, after we returned the bicycles (by the way, renting bicycle from the resort is like $10 can!! if you go to the jetty there, you can get one bicycle for $2 lor) we went to play see-saw and swing for a little while before sitting at the bench facing the sea to read and enjoy the seabreeze again.

Ah Seng is a Sunset Freak and wanted a good view of the sunset so we had to "relocate" lor.

Check out Ah Seng's sunset 杰作!! Nice?


While Ah Seng was enjoying the sunset view....
I was very very busy....




Actually I also dunno what I was doing... I just cant keep still




make avatar

Ah Seng: Sunset le??

Me: Neh neh neh!!!


Hmmm I think my finger point Sa-la le...hahaha

After that it was TV time (Nothing much to watch, I miss Taiwan's TV shows) and we tahan until 10pm and finally cooked bowl noodles for supper. It was then that I realise there were no chopsticks -_-". So we had to improvise and use the plastic tea/coffee stirrers provided.

Then it was ZZZzzzz for 10 to 11hours (I think) before we packed up and had our pathetic breakfast (Cheese Biscuits and Milo) because there's NO food sold at the resort.

That's my Ubin trip.... not too bad hor...

No comments: