Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sian post

Haruki Murakami is one of Ah Seng's favourite author, so I wanted to read for myself and see what's the "fuss" all about. Initially Ah Seng lent me the short "stories" and I remember reading one or two stories and I think what strikes me most is the simplicity of the subject matter. It's something so common that happens around us that we usually do not give it a second thought. But when you read it, you think "hey, I know what's he is talking about..."

But just like most of the books I read...I usually read only halfway... (haha)

So my new quest is Murakami's "What I Talk about When I Talk about Running".
I thought this book would be an interesting read since I think I do qualify as a "runner" having spent most of my school days training and competing in running events. I'm just a couple of pages into it and all I have to say "so far so good".

Oh just want to do abit of the "blogging-on-my-mundane-life-events-which-usually-includes-some-random-meaningless-photos"....



My new toy!!
Fuji Instanx Mini7S
I love instant photos!! Uselessly small but it's cool because it's INSTANT



My Polar Heart Rate monitor that I bought during Sundown Marathon's roadshow
Been contemplating to get one for a long time...
I think I need something to inject some fun to my runs
Maybe I will write more about it when I learn how to use it



Oh ya, my first Sundown Marathon!!
Yay!! I did it again!!
But their organization for this event is probably the worst I had to go through!
The only redeeming point is it's Sun Down...no sun
I want to join standard chartered but they close the early bird on it's last day!!
Dammit!! I have to pay $75 now argh

But I think doing 2 marathons in a year is something new I can achieve for 2010!!

Bring it on!!!

No comments: