Sunday, September 18, 2005

Some thoughts.....


Unique.... Actually I never felt tat I'm unqiue in any way (average height, average looks, slightly bigger hands, slightly corn-ier .... ) , and like most kids growing up, I didnt want to be different, I just want to blend right in, I didnt mind being part of a wallpaper. Went through primary sch, secondary school and even JC juz wanting to fit in. I used to care too much about what people say and think of me. I was the spare tyre for alot of people esp in primary and secondary sch until I found some real friends tat see me as a unique person.

I've come to realise that people who appreciate my uniqueness are the ones that are worth my time and effort. I dun need everyone to like me, I dun need to please everyone. I am me, I may not be perfect, but I'm definitely not a mistake, no one is.

It takes time to learn to love myself, to apperciate myself as a unique creation of God. I used to always think myself as a clown, juz a face in the crowd and the spare tyre for everyone but until I stop seeing myself this way, I cannot expect people to see me otherwise. If I cannot love myself, how can I love others and how can I expect other people to love me?

To love and be love..... it's a journey

No comments: