Thursday, January 12, 2006

On Rain and Love....




It's been raining non stop lately...




here I am sitting in front of my comp, wrapped in my smelly blanket and wearing my stitch slippers.... I cant believe I have to leave for school soon... I dun want!!

It's bad enough to have to leave your house in such a weather.... what can be worse than that??

TRAINING in this weather!!!

It was freezing cold in the pool and it wasnt much better for the runs on the track... sometimes it's so cold that my fingers are numb....

but slowly the body temperature will catch up after abit of the workout...

Finally, I'm able to finish my workout...though I had to struggle alittle but I'm glad I've pulled through for the past few training sessions...

It's discouraging sometimes to be always the last to come back, but I have to remind myself that I'm racing against myself...improving is beating my own self.


Anyway, I'm starting on the book "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman

Bought it quite a while back but never get down to read it....read alittle yesterday on my way to NUS, interesting...

Looking at the content page for wat the 5 basic love languages are, I have agree that whatever is needed in a relationship stems from those.

Love Language #1 : Words of Affirmation
Love Language #2 : Quality Time
Love Language #3 : Receiving Gifts
Love Language #4 : Acts of Service
Love Language #5 : Physical Touch

I'm only done reading the first language so far...affirmation words are notjuz compliments but also encouraging words, kind words, humble words etc...

I like what the author wrote in his introductory chapters
"I need to be loved by someone who choose to love me, who sees in me something worth loving."

okie, will share more when I finish the book ba.... gotta somehow get my butt of out this house....

Remember this.... Being Happy is a CHOICE!!! Dun wait for something good to happen to be happy....Be HAPPY NOW!!!

No comments: