Monday, May 08, 2006

Dream Part 1

I dream alot when I sleep....

I heard tat usually children are the ones tat dream and adults usually dun...but I read from this website DreamMoods.com that says tat all of us dream juz tat some dun remember what their dream is about and thought tat there was no dream....hmmmmph

Went to read up some sites, seems tat there are common dreams tat ppl dream abt.. Some of the common dreams I had are...

1) Being Chased

When I was younger, it was always kena chase by zombie one....
I remember one more recent one...maybe one or 2 years back... I was being chase by some bad guys....think running for my life in this building or something like tat, it was very real, when I woke up, my heart was beating very fast lor

According to DreamMoods,
Chase dreams often stem from feelings of anxiety in your walking life. Often in these dream scenarios, you are being pursued by some attacker, who wants to hurt or possibly kill you. Chase dreams may represent your way of coping with fears, stress or various situations in your waking life. Instead of confronting the situation, you are running away and avoiding it.

2) Teeth falling out

I had this type of dreams alot of times... dreamt tat all my teeth dropped out, it was so real tat many times when I woke up I will check my teeth one...
In the dream I always feel tat my teeth become loose, then start to juz drop out like tat...

According to DreamMoods,
One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you.Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

3) Falling

This one I can remember once quite clearly, I was in a lift then it start to drop lor...and I held on very tight to the handles around and brace myself when it hit the ground. A similar one will be some rides tat falls from a great height lor... I scare of heights le...

As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life. When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.

Falling dreams also often reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in some circumstance or situation. It may be the fear of failing in your job/school, loss of status, or failure in love. You feel shameful and lack a sense of pride. You are unable to keep up with the status quo or that you don't measure up.

4) Exam

Had this once tat I can remember....abt half a year back? I think it was after my last semester exam...I dreamt tat I didnt know I have a paper then when Irealise I have, I was walking everywhere to look for the exam hall but cant find and got so kanjiong lor...

These dreams usually have to do with your self-esteem and confidence or your lack of. You are worried that you are not making the grade and measuring up to other people's expectations of you. You may also experience the fear of not being accepted, not being prepared, or not being good enough. You feel nervous, insecure and tend to believe the worst about yourself.

Most of the time, though, people who have such dreams are unlikely to fail a test in real life. This dream goes back to their fear and own anxiety that they may not meet other's standards of them. They are afraid to let others down.


Then hor there's thing call myclonic jerks... a muscle spasms of the arms, legs and whole body when you dream tat you are falling in the first stage of sleep... I also got before, I dream/thought tat I was stepping into a pit lor, then my leg kick up or something liek tat and I woke up from this jerk lor. It says it is to awaken and become quickly alert and responsive to possible threats in the environment...

Got one dream more scary arh.... last time I used to share a bed with my mum back in my 3-Room HDB lor, then hor I will dream tat when my mum turn her face to me, it's this green face monster can!!! I got so scared!!!haha

Also during a period many year back, I keep getting this dream tat there's this blue face figure floating at the ceiling looking at me... and then it'll come down and put weight on me and I cannot breathe...then I alwys try very very hard to breathe or rather to wake up.... it's like my mind wake up liao but my body havent lor...and I got this dream over and over for quite a while...very scary le....

I read tat the dreaming state is usually during the Rapid eye movement (REM) stage of sleep. This is the lightest form of sleep and usually people who woke up during REM feel alert and refreshed....hmmmmmm...issit?
During REM, the brain activity is similar to those during waking hours.

Aiya.... I need to go le la...continue this post later la....

No comments: