Sunday, September 10, 2006

NUS splashdown 2006

Went for the annual NUS splashdown yesterday!

Hmmm...think about 300+ people took part... imagine so many people in one pool!!!!
Anyway, I went with the RP Lifesaving students, and we all swam in the same lane...

I dunno how mnay laps I swam but I think about 110 like that ba... but the poeple counting the lanes miscounted for alot of ppl in my lane... my dear swam abt 140+ but end up with only 106 laps, I think they only gave me abt 79 laps....sigh, quite a disappointment, I mean we swam so hard we want to know the exact laps ma....

oh well....

Anyway, that wasnt the main point of this blog...
Something incredibly GROSS happened during the swim....

The swim is actually an obstacle swim, meaning we need to clear two obstacle every 50m of the swim.

This is how you clear an obstacle during the swim lor


QUite some of the swimmers in my lane cant clear the obstacle "nicely"? This obstacle swim is actually one of the event in the lifesaving still water competition so people who didnt train with such obstacle might have some problem clearing it.

So what happened was, there's this guy who was before me about to clear the obstacle. He took quite a while to start clearing it.... after I see him clear it under water, I start to surface dive in to clear the obstacle as well....

and IT happened when I start to break surface....


Gross...


That guy in front of me took a super loonnnggg time to break surface and so when I was at the bottom of the pool, feet planted on the ground and hands stretched in front of me and then push off the ground.....

my fingers Poked right into that guy's privates... at the time when he spread his legs wide doing his breastroke kick.....

EEeeewwwwwwwww.........

OKie, it was partly my fault for not checking if the place I'm going to break surface was clear....

Later I had to check everytime I had to break surface.... sometimes I had to wait for quite a while before there's space for me to come up....

Other than checking before I break surface, I've also learnt something else... to swim over people... haha
I'm always very polite and nice when I swim one... ppl in front, even during a race, I will give way one lor... but yesterday, I juz cannot wait cuz they are taking too long a time!!

Swimming over people is quite fun actually...haha, it is always me that is always kena swam over one lor....
I think my lane are mostly the weaker swimmers so tat's the reason why I can learn this bad habit to swim over them. Just squeeze my way through, force ppl to other side and fight for space for me to swim...haha....I think this will come in handy next tiem I go for biathlon competitions....no more nice nice Jenny, let you cut all you want...

No comments: