Friday, May 16, 2008

Where is your thinking place?

Someone said that some of man's clearest thoughts come to him when he is sitting on the toilet bowl. Well, I don't think there's any concrete evidence for that but there's a possibility that this idea stems from the famous Thinker sculpture.


*wink wink* Need I say more? hehehehe


Right, I dun say, I juz draw la...


However, the toilet bowl is not where I have my clearest thoughts (in fact I cant recall any at all...Oops too much information). Today, I discovered one of my thinking place.

It's when I'm sitting on my bf's bike while he is riding.

I guess the main reason why I think best there is because there's pretty much nothing I can do (not even falling asleep for obvious reason). During this time, some of the problems/situations/question I have may come into mind and I may start to think about it.

Even so, these thoughts may not always be in the route of formulating a solution to the problems. And perhaps, to a certain extent, this can be rightfully labelled as 胡思乱想. Such thoughts came really without a purpose to yield a definitive outcome but when it does, I would say that these are my most original and creative ideas.

Take for example when my bf was sending me home just now after our pak tor session, I had some new ideas on what approach I can use to craft this particular module I'm working. This module is a royal pain in the ass because of so many reasons which, of course, includes my nonexistent experience in crafting a problem. I've spent a considerable amount of time sitting at my work desk, surfing for related resources, reading textbooks to help me pinpoint a possible entry approach but to no avail.

Another conducive thinking place for me will be in the bathroom when I'm showering. But there's downside though... I will have difficulty remembering if I had shampooed and I can end up shampooing a few times lor (means shampoo 2nd time then forget and then again la)... -_-"

Alright, enough of these these these liao...

Today is my pak tor day so bf and I went to catch a movie at Vivo after work




I thought it's one of the "slow" movies that'll bore you to concussion halfway through it. But it proved to be an exceptional one because towards the end of the movie, there is some realization of the significance behind the seemingly ambiguous portions of the movie.

Well, I shan't bore you (and myself) with the plot here but there's a scene in the movie that I enjoyed particularly...

The 死神(Death God) asked his companion (the black dog)how are the subjects chosen...

"...by drawing lots"

-_-" <---- 死神

"Laugh. This is a joke."

Hahaha, very funny indeed. There's a song in this movie which I thought is not bad. The video's below and I managed to find the translation for the lyrics.

Enjoy!!




Translation Sunny Day

What spilled out
Wasn’t a tear but a praying voice
What I looked up at
Was the sun above the clouds

I was living like I was asleep
I was always alone
Until the day I met you
I was always, always here

Even if there’s a love song
I could sing by myself
This warmth from the touch of your arms
Can’t be found alone

If I had put on a mask
Then I felt I might have forgotten
I shut away my memories
And locked them in a box

Even in that dark place
I was able to find you
Even if I can’t return
I’ll keep going farther, farther

Even if there’s a love song
That recalls loneliness
I can’t reach it alone
So I’ll walk out once more
Toward the door to tomorrow
With you…

I’ll transform sadness
Into kindness
And someday
Once I’ve set my true self free
The pain will disappear
I know it

I don’t need a love song
I can sing by myself anymore
I can’t find it alone
But with you I know
We can find a place where the sun shines
A tomorrow I’ve never seen

No comments: