Sunday, December 19, 2010

Turtle must fight!

The last few days has been a horrible time for me....

My turtle fell very sick (because I didnt put alot of time on him lately), my shipment was stuck at custom and I have tons of work piling up. It was suppose to be a restful time for me because I had to clear 3 days of leave but I think those 3 days are probably the "stress-est" days for this year -_-"

Turtle has been sick for a while, not wanting to eat and all. I tend to him daily and change water every other day and he became active again but still not eating. Then he fell really ill because when I try to change water, he didn't even want to be in water. I was devastated and didn't know what to do! It was Monday and I thought turtle wouldn't pull through Tuesday. Luckily a friend told me about an aquatic vet at Jalan Kayu so I rush down after work to bring turtle there. Turtle was given some antiseptic for some red rashes and wound and 2 injections. The vet say he is very skinny too. Then she prescribe medication for turtle for a week and to bring turtle back a week after.

Turtle was given antiseptic medication to apply everyday and also antibiotics and vitamins which have to be administrated via injection!! Gosh, I'm so scare of needles myself and I have to give injection to turtle! It was so scary and the first injection was so horrible. I didnt poke the needle deep enough and I try to push the needle in but it wont go in. Not knowing what to do, I just push the syringe in. I think my hands were shaking throughout the time. Then I saw that the injection gave turtle a lump. This is probably because the needle wasn't deep enough and the medication was not injected in his muscles (it's an intramuscular injection). I panic and called the clinic and I couldn't make myself clear because I was so upset. The person tell me it's alright and try to calm me down.

I was close to tear and I felt so guilty to have put turtle through this. As the time for the 2nd injection for the day drew closer, I was getting all nervous again. So I did abit of googling hoping to find some information on giving injections. I tried using a needle to poke on a cushion to practice and to psych myself up for it. Finally I tried it the 2nd time and the needle went in deep in one motion, I was so relieved. But the next few days I still have some misses on the injection but I know if it's not deep enough I have to pull it out. Poor turtle, his butt must be covered with tiny needle marks now (2 to 3 jabs a day for 5 days).

But he made some progression. He is now in water with a heater and he seem to be more responsive to his surroundings. But he has yet to start eating again. I pray he will get well soon so that he can move over to my new place and Ah Seng can also help take care of him.



This is turtle 5 years ago... He is now much bigger
Pray that he will get well soon...he still have a long way to go with me

No comments: