Friday, October 07, 2005

Ephesians, Here I come!!

Embarking on my journey through the book of Ephesians...

Ephesians 1:1-23

(taken from the Message Bible)

Long before he down earth's foundations, He had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of His love, to be made whole and holy by His love.

I remember that someone shared about what is it like being the focus of God's love. It's like we are specially marked out and God's love, blessing, mercy, grace, kindness is like a "missile" locked on you and follow you everywhere you go.

I would love to have MANY MANY of these missiles target at me wor....

New Missiles for Jenny everyday!!

Wah, sound abit scary hor....


Because of the sacrifice of Jesus, His death on the Cross, we're free people - free of penalties and punishments. And not just barely free, either, ABUNDANTLY Free!

Jenny is abundantly free!! Whoa, now I'm the Free Woman Too!!

The bible mentions so many times that we are free but does it really mean to be free?

Free from worries, free from stress, free from bad habits, free from addictions, free from negative thoughts, free from sickness, free from guilt.... these are the things that most of us live our lives day to day with...

But I'm learning to remind myself that I'm not under all these but I'm already free from them. It's the attitude that I've decided to take.

It's a decision not a feeling.

Fact is changable but His truth is absolute. God's word is the only absolute cuz it's not of this world, it's really comforting to know that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He's the solid rock, my firm foundation, my strength, Amen!


It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for.

Who are we and what are we living for? These are the questions that I suppose every human being would have asked at one time or another in their life.

Me too...

Are we defined by the things we do, the food we eat, the clothes we wear, the grades we get, the friends we have and the way we look?

I think those are the stuff that defines what kind of life we have but doesnt really define who we really are. To know who we are and what we are living for, we should first look into the reason of our very existence rite?

Hmmm, I dun think any human being can give a perfect and complete answer to these questions. But from wat I juz read, I do know that we are the focus of God's Love and we are living to be made whole and holy by His love.


Some thoughts for me to chew on today...

No comments: