Sunday, November 27, 2005

DHL Lifesaving Challenge at Penang!!

Okie, today I shall be a guai kia and stay home...

So I shall write about the lifeguards' trip to penang for the lifesaving challenge...

At Lavendar MRT Station...


After a long journey....


Here we are!!

After reaching the hotel, we got our keys and check into our rooms...Violet and Nicole are my roomies!!! heehee

After that we had a briefing at Shereen and Peishan's room...


The Briefing

Followed by our beach training beside our resort


Beach Training

Since we wont be competing at the beach beside our resort and we cant go for training at the competition beach yet since they are setting up the jellyfish net there. So we just took a stroll at the beach and did some sprints and beach flag practise.

We also saw a dead animal at the beach while strolling... they say it's a dog... I dunno, cuz it smelled really bad... I only saw it from a distance... it looks bluish....eeeee....

Guess wat? Then it's pool training at PISA...


Pool Training at PISA

Since I'm not involved in the pool events, I swam a few laps and got out of the water quick...why??? Cuz it's FREAKIN COLD!
Not only is it freezing in the pool, the pool is really deep too, not to mention that the side walls is so high that most of us have difficulty climbing out of the pool...

After warm up, the teams did practise for the relay events and then their own individual events... Getting use to the coldness is easier since your body warms up after a while but, I guess it was a huge surprise that the pool structure is so different from our pool.

The pool is very deep so it can be a problem for a few events tat require the lifeguards to pick up the manikins from the pool floor...and also for obstacle swim... most of us are used to diving to the pool bed and use it to kick off but in this case it'll be abit of a problem.

So the team had a little brainstorming and strategy planning session. Problems faced were being voiced out and everyone help by suggesting possible ways to overcome those problems. And after a little discussion, the team set out again to practise the solutions suggested.

Though I wasnt involved in the pool events, I could sense the seriousness of my team mates about the next day's event...

After the training session, we went to a nearby shopping mall and had dinner. Didnt have time to shop at all... The team split into two groups for dinner... A few of us had dinner at fish and co... hmmm, Steven, Justin, Uwei, Zhenquan,Peishan, Sheeren and me...

I thought singaporeans will rush to buy chewing or bubble gum when they are in Malaysia but there's something else tat my team mates rush to buy.....
MacDonald's MILKSHAKE!!!
I didnt know tat everyone was crazy about Mac's milkshake...I didnt know tat singapore's mac is not selling anymore (I've never try before).... Since everyone is buying I bought one also loh.... okie la, not bad...haha


The following day is the Still waters Competition for the DHL Lifesaving Challenge. We had to wake up at like 5 plus in the morning.... The bus leaving for PISA will leave at 630am so we had to eat our breakfast and get ready by then...

So it's competition day 1 at PISA!!


Presenting The NTU Team!!


So so... we are at PISA for the still waters event. Everyone starts to warming up and mentally preparing themselves for their events.



I wasnt in such a serious mood though since I'm the reserve for still water events... and on the RESERVE Team we have Uwei, Sze Zeng and Jenny (THE CAPTAIN OF THE RESERVES!!) <--- Self-proclaim one

This Reserve team is actually made up of the RUNNERS... we are better on land than in water....haha..Jacques' our PROFESSIONAL cameraman! Most of the pictures here are from his $3k plus camera....but I have no shame taking my toy camera and start snapping all over the place!! wahaha

okie, pic time!


After competition, we're off to dinner + some ktv

No comments: