Saturday, June 17, 2006

Back from MIA

okie.... been MIA for a while....

This is My first week at WORK!!! heehee....

Anyway, didnt really work la...I'm went for training for Problem Based Learning (PBL) for the entire week.

It's pretty interesting. Instead of learning the theories, concepts and formulas first then try to apply it to the questions in the tutorials etc, it's the opposite. A question crafted towards those theories etc are first given and students will have to research and discuss on the problem to solve it. It's like proactive learning... you take ownership of the learning process.

Some thoughts about PBL....

When I was first presented to such learning style, I was pretty excited about it cuz I thought this is how I would have wanted to learn as a student. But then again, after some thoughts, I feel that PBL is a good way of learning but it takes alittle too much time and there's some subjects that I feel cant be taught purely thru PBL. For example maths? I mean the students has to know the concept...and maybe after tat PBL comes in by demostrating how this concept is useful and show them why they are learning it.

Also, wat PBL assumed is that every student does has some prior knowledge that can be used to solve the problem. And I think that prior knowledge are some basic backgrounds that are taught in a "traditional" learning style.

The main difference I see is that traditional learning focus on the answers while PBL focus on FINDING the answers. It's good practise as alot of us will find ourselves facing problems that we didnt study before. And being able to take on it with confidence is very important.

My stand is there is a place for the "traditional" learning and the PBL style. Instead of excluding each other, I think they compliment each other and make a student more all-rounded.

Okie enough of that.... juz needed to get that off my head.


Anyway, today I went to watch....


Silent Hill


I thought it's a horror movie... I mean it IS a horror movie but not those tat I will cover my face to watch tat kind...

Sweetie tell me it's a very popular game lor... the effects are suppose to be good la... quite disgusting la some of the monster...
The most disturbing part is when the Pyramid Head grabs Anna and like pull her skin out totally.... EEeeewwww.....

After knowing the story of the girl Alessa, how she was being tortured because they think she's a witch and needs to be cleansed by burning her to death, I thought those people deserved to be punished la....*evil laughter*
I dunno le, but hor I like keep coming across the theme Witch Burning neh....hmph



Soccer soccer soccer... I have absolutely no interest in it...

BUT.... there's something about these footballers that caught my eyes


BAGS!!!

No comments: