Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Last Lecture

Gloomy, my day is...

Do you ever have the experience to feel just utterly down but you just can't pinpoint what's the cause behind it?

Maybe I miss my bf cuz he away for reservist?
Maybe my turtle is sick and faked its death to me yesterday?
Maybe because this is going to be a long week at work?

Well this list can go on and on... but wat's the point right

So, I got a ride from my colleague to Lot1 after work and decided to walk around. Went to buy my fav Yumi Peach Yoghurt (Which reminds me... have you seen their ad at Novena Square? it says 99% fat free.... if it's not 100%, it's not fat free) I also grab an issue of 8 days before heading back home. While walking back to my place from the station, an article caught my eye (yes, I'm walking and reading at the same time =P)

A professor who was diagnosed with cancer gave his last lecture which was turned into a bestselling book. So I decided to look for his lecture on youtube when I got home. The lecture was slightly more than an hour and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Suddenly I felt so silly to have deprived myself of a day's happiness.

I like what the professor had shared in his Last Lecture and I really think it's worth the time listening to it. He shared about his childhood dreams, how he achieve them, the people he had met and things he learnt.

After watching the video, I can't help but somehow felt that there's really more to what you can do with your life. As repeated several times in his lecture, he shared that brick walls are there for a reason: they let us prove how badly we want things. I have to admit that perseverance is certainly not one of my fortes but I'm inspired by what he shared "Don't bail: the best gold is at the bottom of barrels of crap".

Here's the video by the way...




RJ question:
If you were to give a "Last Lecture", what would you share?

note to self - Get the book

No comments: