Sunday, June 08, 2008

Commitment-Phobic

Today I went for a colleague's wedding...

Everytime I go for a wedding, I feel so happy for the couple even if I dunno them well. I guess it's a big step and they both decide to take it together.

As I was saying about something I read in the 我是女王, the author talks about how some woman, after years of dating with their bf, broke up with them because they kept giving excuses why they are not ready to get married. Classic examples include "my career is not stable"; "I need to save up more" blah blah blah... and when the woman finally cant wait anymore and broke up with the guy, he got married within a year with another woman he met shortly after the breakup.

Well, the ONLY reason why he didnt want to marry you is....

他不够爱你
He doesnt love you enough

(In long he's worried that you are != THE RIGHT one la)

After reading this, suddenly I remember a few cases of my friends who met guys that say they are not ready for a relationship blah blah blah (and one actually got married after like a year because shotgun lor).... to be brutally honest; the only reason why he is not willing to have a "real" relationship with you is that he does not love you enough.

There's a lifespan of a woman's youth and I guess it's pure selfishness of a guy not to consider that when dating someone in her prime. For goodness sake, if you don't love her enough to want to marry her (eventually) just let her go and don't waste her precious youth.

女人啊,女人...
爱情不是你等,就是你的
聪明的女人是不会把自己的轻春浪费在一个不够爱你的男人身上的

It's harsh but you got to learn to accept that sometimes he's just not that into you....or rather, he's just not into you anymore

But be honest: you're not that into him either too
(at least for me... if a guy shows no more interest anymmore, I think I would probably lose my interest for him too [if there's any to begin with]...perhaps tat's my self-protection mechanism - an absolute necessity for the preservation of my sanity *wahahaha* )

No comments: