Friday, July 05, 2013

Another blog post before I turn 30!

Just realised the last time I update my blog was in 2012 when I broke my elbow. My elbow has recovered since then and almost back to it's normal self. I lost a few degrees of movement but I can still perform daily task without any problem. So I think I will stay away from cycling for quite a while.

2013.... the year I will be turning 30.

Diary
Well, I decided that I wanted to keep track how I spent my year so I bought a diary to write everyday. I wanted one with a page for everyday so that I don't have to write so much. I'm quite sure no one has deep thoughts everyday (unless that person has some serious emo problem or just too damn free). So far I've been writing everyday (Ah seng say he think I will write till March only....LOL prove him wrong wrong wrong!) and I think I may even continue after 2013.

Dog
Another BIG thing for 2013 is I adopted a dog!!! Vodka!!! He is a 7-year-old silky terrier I adopted from Animals Lovers League. He came to us on the 9 April and the first month wasn't easy for us because both of us were first time dog owner. Vodka had ticks and we had to establish how he should sleep, eat and poop. Now he is more settled down, he is such a joy to have around.

Israel
Wanted to go Israel since I was in JC and finally went in March with Mable. It was a great trip and I really get to see the places describe in the Bible. 

Exercise Craze dying
Ever since I broke my arm last year, I think I was quite discouraged. Had to start everything from scratch. I actually reach my ideal weight (as in my own ideal not from charts). I started seeing better timing for runs and I feel really good. When I first started running again, I was quite excited but after a while I got really discouraged and stop working out like I did pre-fracture. I am still in the process of trying to get back to the fitness level and yea I gain some weight too. Sucks!

Investment
With my HDB loan settled, it's really time I look into putting my money elsewhere other than the savings bank account I have since I'm 15! I'm not into making big money from investment but I want protect the value of my money. I opened a DBS Vickers account like 2 or 3 years back but I never do anything with it. Then Ah Seng was like telling me I can buy STI (under Specified Investment Products, SIPs). When I try to buy I cannot because I'm not eligible after I do the client assessment. So I had to do an online tutorial by SGX and pass the quiz. There were 7 modules, I was very "on" for the first 2 modules then I start to lose interest. Ah Seng offered to do the quiz for me but I still have to flip through all the modules. So I just scan through the rest of the modules and it's time to do quiz, Ah Seng was ZZZzzz-ing behind me. So I attempted the quiz and I passed! 18/20 le. I'm impressed with myself. Actually, the whole point of the story is, I think I'm good HAHAHA.

Okie, I can't think if anymore updates for 2013 for now...so till I can think of something else... Byeee


No comments: